Angie Cortes Designs

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Paper Maniac Inspirations ~ Remembering America's Heroes

This week at Paper Maniac, we are celebrating Memorial Day and I have created a card to not only remember all our Fallen Soldiers but also to thank our Veterans and all the brave men and women currently serving in the Armed Services.

Having served four years in the United States Army myself, this is a very emotional weekend for me and my family. I have many friends and family still in the service and many of them are in Iraq or Afghanistan and I pray daily for their safe and speedy return to their loved ones.

For my card, I used Pure Poppy and Enchanted Evening ink from PTI to repeatedly stamp the star (minus the flourish) from the August Unity Store Kit onto white card stock. I stamped the sentiment from the September Unity Store Kit in Tuxedo Black ink from Memento and finished it off with some Kaisercraft red pearls.

This week at the Paper Maniac store...All Tim Holtz/Sizzix Dies are marked down 15%. Plus awesome deals on past Basic Grey collections...Check it out here!

This card was also created for this weeks Red, White and Blue Color Challenge at SSDS. To join in on the fun and be eligible for this weeks fabulous prize package head over to the SSDS blog and link your creation to Mr. Linky by 10:00 pm (EST) Friday evening.

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a safe and happy holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

This card is perfect Angie!!! I'm going to use this for my model when my students write thank you's to soldiers. Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

GREAT work Angie and WONDERFUL tribute!

Jans said...

Wow!! Great card Angie!:)

Btw, I sent you an email!;) Thanks!:) Love your site!!:)

Post a Comment