Angie Cortes Designs

Friday, June 19, 2009

With Sympathy


Hey all! Wow...what a week, I am so glad it is Friday!! My son has a soccer tournament all weekend so today will probably be the only chance I get to spend any time in my craft room. I have been making the invitations for my brother-in-laws wedding and have 200 of 300 completed so I was relieved to make a card that was not wedding related!!

This card is for three challenges, Splitcoast Stampers WT223-Texting Challenge and LSC225-International Flair Challenge and Stamp Something's Black, White, and one other color somethings Challenge

I find that Sympathy Cards are always the hardest to make and this one was no exception!! Still not sure about all the components especially the bow but I do love the colors. The base is Ocean Tides cardstock from PTI. The text is actually a few words of sympathy typed in the Love Light font and translated into French and printed onto Ocean Tide cardstock in a slightly darker shade. I cut the half circle using my Fiskars Circle Cutter. I used a layer of black cs and PTI Vellum cardstock under the Ocean Tide satin ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by,


{With Sympathy Supplies}

Stamps: With Sympathy Sentiment (
DRS Designs)

Paper: Ocean Tides and Vellum Cardstock (
PTI), Eclipse Black (Wausau)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black


Accessories: Ocean Tide Satin Ribbon and White Vintage Button (PTI), Black Rhinestones and Circle Cutter

6 comments:

Erin... said...

Beautiful card! I agree sympathy cards are tough, but this one's fantastic!! Love that color and gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for joining us at stamp something!

Shelly said...

A really beautiful sympathy card, I love all the details on the card and the text looks lovely. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
Shelly xx

Susie Sugar said...

Beautiful soft subtle sympathy card
Hugs Susie xx

LivArtNow said...

It's a beautiful card!

cheryl said...

this is a beautiful card so soft perfect for the occasion thanks for droping by my blog lots love cheryl xxxxxxx

SallyLou said...

This is a great Sympathy card. Well done.

TFS

Sally

Post a Comment